Sunday, March 30, 2008

Frisbee and the like



A couple of weeks ago, I joined an Ultimate Frisbee league. We practice every Saturday, rain or shine. We are preparing for an international tournament that is coming here at the end of April. We have 3 teams from the island that will be competing. We are just out to have fun. Last Saturday it was raining, and we had the largest turnout so far. By the end of the 2 hour practice, I was covered in mud. I was wearing street shoes and was sliding all over the place. When I play sports, I get into it. Plus I am not the most agile person, so I fall a lot. I ended up injuring myself almost at the beginning of practice though. I slid and pulled my groin. I kept on playing until it hurt too much. My team was tired by that point and most of us left. I now have cleats. I am hoping that they help. I missed practice yesterday. There was an extra one, due to the rain. I just couldn't walk well.

The only thing I did yesterday was lay in bed, cook and watch movies. I did have to run Emart to get something to cook. The 5 minute walk took heaps longer. I was walking so slow. On top of the pulled groin muscle, I have a bruised hip. There was an 80's themed party on Saturday as well. At the end of the night, I went back to the bar with Anne-Marie. She forgot her phone and we went back to pick it up. It was still raining. It rained all weekend. Anyway I was coming down the stairs in my wet shoes on wet marble stairs and slid. Hitting my hip on the edge of the stairs. So now I have an nice softball sized bruise on my hip, as well as a bruised elbow, knee, and a skinned ankle.


In other news, Korea has been over taken. There are people dancing in the street, they are bowing to passing cars and big tv's on back of trucks are everywhere. People are walking around with sashes, with numbers on them. There is probably other things on them as well, I just can't read them. At first I had no idea what was going on. Then I found out that next Wednesday, I have the day off of work. It is election time. So the candidates have their posses out doing crazy shit. Could you imagine Obama and Clinton having people dancing in the streets.

No comments: