Sunday, March 2, 2008

Food

This was written while I was in orientation and I am now able to post it.

Food here is fantastic. That is once you get away from the food that they were serving us at the hotel. The food there was horrible. It is what I imagine prison food to taste like. Mass produced and flavorless.

So for the most part my dinners have been away from the hotel. I have been going out to dinner with 2 Kiwi's and 2 Ausie's. Dinners are a communal thing here. I guess it is really hard to go into a Korean resturant and get served if you are by yourself. They just don't understand the lone dinner thing. Last night we went and had some spicy chicken dish. It consised of chicken, potatoes, cabbage, speghetti, some rice noodle and sauce. Brilliant. So so good. We killed off 2 wok platters of it. It's cooked right in front of you. Most of the food is cooked in front of you. With tons and tons of side dishes. I've eaten this BBQ dish here a couple of times. Well not exactly BBQ, more like bacon cooked over a fire that you wrap in lettuce with some other fixin's

2 comments:

Ulaana said...

Glad to see that people in Korea really do drink Cass! I had a similar meal here in Mongolia a few days ago...you find any mongols yet? Apparently they are invading Korea.

Dr. Red Pants said...

I haven't found any yet. I'm looking forward to meeting some. I guess there are some on my island doing the horse thing. From what I have been told the Mongols held this area of Korea for quite a while and there is some of their culture here