Wednesday, March 5, 2008

First fuck up

Well yesterday I had my first fuck up at work. It was only my third day and the only day I had anything going on. It was actually a busy day. So Tuesday I was cooking dinner when Brian stopped by my place and told me to stop cooking. We were going to go out and meet a bunch of people for dinner, drinks and bowling. We went to a buffet. The buffet's here are a bit different from that back home. You go and pick your meat, and fixings and go back to your table and fry it up. We ended picking pork, beef, a marinated beef, shrimp and octopus. Tasty little buggers, them octopi. The cooler was behind us so the beer and Soju were free flowing.

You are not allowed to drink in bowling alleys or pool hall here. Which I find a bit odd. Bowling and drinking go hand in hand. I don't think I've seen too many bowlers with out the required beer belly. I think it helps with the spin. So anyway, I was on fire. I bowled my first turkey. A turkey is 3 strikes in a row. Yay me!!! So that was my best game. I think I bowled a 149. From there it was down hill. I bowled 2 more games. I finished over 100 in both of those games. So I did rather well. I am thinking of joining the PBA. I would rock it with my palm the ball style.

After bowling we went to a bar by the bowling alley to say good bye to some girl that I met once before. We stayed there for I little bit and then the group decided to break up and head to our respective homes. I jumped in a cab with 3 others who were traveling to ShinJeju. That is the part of town I live in, I guess. Well we were feeling good and thus we decided to stop off at a bar close to home for a night cap. Basically the plan was to have a shot and a beer and go home. Yeah, that didn't happen. We ended up talking to some of the locals and making friends with the owner. So they were feeding us drinks. I think I had a couple of whiskys and 3 tequila shots. After a while we made our way home and I promptly went to sleep.

Before I went to sleep though, I thought it would be a good idea to set my alarm. Which, in my inebriated state wasn't the best idea. So instead of setting my alarm, I turned it off. I woke up at 11, to my door bell ringing and I throw on some pants and check the camera. Yeah I don't have a peep hole, I have a camera. But whose face do I see, my school director's. I open the door and tell him to give me 5 minutes and I'll be ready. He just sorta laughed and said to hurry up.

We were going to Hallim that day to check out the Western Foreign Language Center, which is on the west side of the island. I get rush and get to the car that is waiting outside my building and get in. It is at this point I realise that I am still a wee bit drunk. So hangover averted. Hey you gotta look for the positives in everything, right.

Well the hour long drive allowed me to sober up and keep it cool. Good thingI was in the back seat. Though I would guess that I reeked of bar and had alcohol draining out of my pores. I was a bloody mess. That will not happen again. At least not for a long long time. If I could have only have woken up, I could have showered and sobered up with a nice cold shower.

I was able to get done most of what I needed to get done. I went back to the hospital and got my drug test results. I am clean. Wooo Hooo! I am able to get my alien registration card. I pick it up next week. When I get that I can get my cell phone and join the masses. I wasn't able to get my internet and cable set up. They were supposed to do that yesterday as well, but we stayed in Hallim longer than we were supposed to. Some big wig was coming there and my director wanted to have a chance incounter. So I had to reschedule internet for Friday.

No comments: