Sunday, July 13, 2008

Update

I haven 't written in a while so I thought i would give a little update. I have done two more days of diving. It was so much better than the first day. The first day the regulator was a bit tight. It felt like I was breathing out of a straw, which was causing more anxiety than was needed. But on the following dives, I had a different regulator that was easy to breath out of and made the experience much much more enjoyable. Now I am just waiting for my next two days of diving so I am certified. The next two will be much much more enjoyable. We will be doing deeper water dives. For the first couple we only went to about 4 meters. I did see a small sand shark, but not much else. These next dives will be up to 18 meters and we will be diving around coral. They won't happen until the first week of August. Paul, my instructor, has another class coming up this weekend and thus isn't able to take us out.

Other than that the weather has been fantastic. I have been spending my weekends at the beach swimming. Yesterday we went to a river and swam there. It was fresh water and the surroundings reminded me of Wisconsin. I did some snorkeling there as well as swimming.

Work is going good. I started a new semester of classes. My kids aren't as fun as the first group. I have some of the same students, but my fun class got taken over by the other teacher here. She interviewed my students this time and took them for her class. Kind of pissed me off. I liked those kids. It has been hot lately, so I go to the beach at lunch. It is close and I have an hour off. So why the hell not.

1 comment:

Blastin said...

I'm not on your friend blogs? You suck.