Monday, July 21, 2008

Chris's visit

Chris, a friend from Mongolia, is down in Jeju for a couple of weeks for vacation. So far it has been one week and I thought I would give a short little write up. He came in on Monday and we basically just chilled and went to see a movie. Hancock is playing here and he wanted to see it. Tuesday is bowling night and thus I dragged Chris along to that. I stayed out a bit later than I wanted to. After bowling we went to GP bar and then to the Blues bar on the island. I drank more than I wanted to and ended up going home about 1:30. I felt like shit the next day but that is the price you pay. Chris stayed at the bar and ended up chatting with several of the other people. He rolled in about 7 in the morning. The next day was a write off as we were both feeling like crap. So off to another movie.
Thursday we went out again and drank some. I left around midnight this time and left Chris in the hands of strangers. Well other people. He rolled in around 7:30 in the morning, just in time to take my bed as I headed off to work.
Friday was a going out night. We started out at a local bar called La Vie. We were supposed to meet some friends for dinner, but we both overslept. Took a nap after work. After La Vie we headed into town and hit a couple of other bars. Got home about 4 in the morning. Chris was sort of angry with someone in the crowd so it was time to leave.
Saturday was an open mic night at Led Zeppelin. Before we went there we headed to the south side of the island to do some swimming. The weather was nice. Which was a bit surprising ads we were supposed to get a Typhoon rolling through. I guess it jumped up on the mainland and missed us. When we got to the beach they wouldn't let us swim. Koreans are bad swimmers, well most can't swim so they pulled everyone out of the water. The waves were a bit rough, but I have swam in rougher seas. So played some frisbee and tossed around the football before heading off to Led Zeppelin and met some of my friends and then decided to hop as it was busy and hot. Jumped across the street to GP bar and did some drinking there. We rolled on out of there and headed to another bar called Blue Agave. Some time during the wee hours of the morning Chris headed off home and I went to a Kareokee bar with a couple of friends. I ended getting home around 8 in the morning.
Sunday was a tame day with some moderate site seeing and the Jeju United soccer match. Jeju tied with a 0-0 score. We played really well and deserved the win. We just couldn't find the net.
Monday, Chris came to work with me and I gave him the quick tour and then finished up my work before leaving early. We went to Udo Island. And island just off the coast of where I work and rented some bikes and toured around for a bit. It was hot so we went to a white coral beach. Looked pretty but really dug into the ole feet. I swan around for a bit as the Chris and the Koreans stayed in waist deep water. From there we went back to my place and left for dinner of Pizza Hut and tried to catch the new Batman movie just to find out that it isn't playing here yet. Now that really sucked. Chilled at home for the rest of the night and watched a dvd. Tonight is going to be bowling again. Will write later.

No comments: