Tuesday, May 5, 2009

India continued

India is fantastic. I love it here. Been traveling and studyinghere. I started off in the south, and went to a Hindu elephantfestival. Wild! Then I did a house boat tour of the back waters.Really beautiful place. They have a sort of commune there. Everything is pooled and shared amoungst the members. From there I went to Munnar and saw fields and fields of tea. It was pretty, but only worth a day.
From there I headed north and spent a couple weekson Paradise beach. It was amazing. My days were so relaxed. I spent my days smoking hash, swimming, chilling with somegood people and playing frisbee. Evenings were spend looking at dolphins playing the sea. It was just what I needed before mystudies.
I spent a month in Delhi. I was studing for a certificatefor English teaching. It will allow me to get better jobs and it mademe a better teacher. It was good. Didnt' have much of a social life.Spent much of my time with my studies and with my class mates. I enjoyed it, but I didn't have any free time for four weeks. I was in the British Council for on average of 12 hours a day. That is where the course took place. I didn't even notice how hot Delhi had become until the weekend and the one day I had of vacation.
Since then I have been in Kashmire. Spent a couple of nights on ahouse boat and then went to the mountains and did some hikng.I've been smoking a fair amount of Kashmiri hash. It is fantastic.While on the trek, my guide, mixed some with some cardimin. It wasfantasic. Now back on a different houseboat and going to chill for the next couple of days and explore the town, apply for jobs, update the resume all that sort of fun stuff. Next I am not sure yet. Either McCloud Ganj, where the Dalai Lama rests his head or off to another place in Kashmir. I have 't decided.

No comments: