Monday, March 16, 2009

India

So i haven't written for a while and the Red Pants have left Korea. It took me longer than I thought it would. I was supposed to leave on March 1st, but didn't end up leaving until the 11th.
I had some issues with my passport. My old one went through the wash and wasn't in the best of shape. I sent it to the Indian Embassy for my visa and they sent it back. I didn't have enough free pages in it. So I rushed out of Jeju, leaving it a week early. Didn't get the good bye I wanted. Was rushed out of there. and went to the American Embassy. They wouldn't give me more pages. They told me I had to get a new passport. So I get them to rush it. And I got it about 8 day later and then off to the Indian Embassy for my visa and that took another week. No rushing it. Frustrating. But I finally got out of Korea.
This is going to be short. I hate the keyboard I am typing on. Anyway so I get to India and go to Kochi and get a guest house. nice place. a bit outside the tourist zone, about a 10 min walk.
the people who run it were fantastic though. A Latvian woman with her Indian husband and his family. brother, who was a bit slow and his mom. His mom showed me how to cook and I usually ate with the family. Did some site seeing and caught a show and went on a house boat tour.
then went up to Munnar to get away from the heat spent a day there and saw the tea plantations. bought some weed and am smoking it. now i am back in Kochi waiting for the next train to Gokarna. that is it for now. will update soon, I promise

1 comment:

Jroc said...

How was the house boat tour? I hear the trains in India and quite the experience...you'll find out soon I guess. Cheers.