Monday, May 12, 2008

Cheese, Hookahs and Assults.

Jeju United lost again. My soccer team isn't doing so hot. We lost this weekend to the last placed team. Well they are no longer the last placed team, we are. I think we need new coaches. We were playing like we had the lead. Playing too conservative. We were down 1-0 from 5 minutes in the game and our game plan never changed. We never pressured the other team. We let them dictate to play. We have yet to win a home game this season. We have only scored one time on our home field. That shit just shouldn't happen. We need our home field
I missed most of the second half of the game though. Some little girls came up to me during half time and asked me some basic English questions. This apparently was enough for them to attack me during the second half of the match. Here I am just minding my own business, drinking my beer and screaming at the game, when these girls start climbing on me and trying to steal my beer. Yes these 6-8 year old girls were trying to steal my beer. Crazy kids. This went on for almost the whole 45 minutes of the half. They were talking to me, climbing on me, they just would not leave me alone. I had no idea who they were. My friends asked me if they were my students. They weren't. They just laughed. I tried to pawn them off on others, it worked, for a short short time. They just started coming back.

Sunday night I was treated to a new joint here on the wonder island paradise I live on. It is a small bar type establishment. This place had a hookah and cheese platter. I don't know which was better, the cheese or the hookah. I have been missing cheese. Cheese isn't something that is popular in Korea. And this was fantastic. Gourmet cheeses. So so so tasty. I was in heaven. The cheeses were complimented by our cherry flavored smoke in the hookah. We ended up ordering 2 plates of cheese and crackers. Though we didn't get a refill on the crackers for the second plate of cheese. Oh well. Still yummy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little girls love you. hahahaha!!!
That's so funny and so wrong at the same time. :)

Beney